Young Thug might be relieved to know that the judge overseeing his probation has sided with him and rejected the state’s request to revoke his probation. On Thursday, April 2, Judge Paige Reese Whitaker denied the Fulton County District’s Attorney’s Office motion. The documents claimed that Thug had violated the terms over a tweet shared with X.
Prosecutors argued that the tweet in question, showing a photo of DA Marissa Viverito, had violated his probation. The motion read that Thug’s post on social media had also “demonstrated a blatant disregard for the law, the safety of witnesses, and the integrity of judicial proceedings,” per Variety. The filing argued that the court had ordered Viverito’s identity to remain private while she testifies in a gang murder preliminary hearing. However, an unnamed blogger went on to leak the photo, sparking its initial spread across the internet. Thug then followed suit by posting the image on his X page, which boasts over 6 million followers.
Needless to say, the rapper’s tweet, which included the caption, “biggest liar in the DA office,” went VIRAL, amassing millions of views before it was taken down. However, the judge in this case seemed to disagree with the motion filing. Whitaker ruled that the social media post had not violated his terms after all. While the judge made it clear that there was no reason to revoke Young Thug’s probation, she advised the Atlanta native to “exercise restraint regarding certain topics” moving forward.
On Wednesday, April 2, the ‘Lifestyle’ hitmaker issued a response to the motion amid claims that Viverito and her family were receiving threats from fans. In a statement shared on X, he said, “I don’t make threats to people.”
“I’m a good person. I would never condone anyone threatening anyone or definitely participate in threatening anyone. I’m all about peace and love.”
His statement came on the heels of his legal team coming forward, stating that the state’s claims against Thug lacked merit and failed to meet the legal standard for revocation. Attorneys Keith Adams and Brian Steel expressed that sharing a photo of somebody on social media is not a crime.
Additionally, Adams argued that the court should not hold Thug accountable for others’ actions simply because he shared a photo of Viverito, an image that had already been circulating widely online before he posted it, per Rolling Stone.
“There is no violation of Mr. Williams’ probation by reposting an image on social media and opening that Investigator Viverito is untruthful. While intimidation and threats of violence are never appropriate, Jeffrey Williams is not responsible for any wrongdoing. We look forward to seeking a dismissal of this petition,” he said.
The post In The Clear? Judge Denies Motion To Revoke Young Thug’s Probation (UPDATE) appeared first on The Shade Room.